Monday, October 23, 2017

Ivan Miladinov Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about yourself and the musical project?
My name is Ivan Miladinov as the moniker suggests, I`m a 19 year old multi-instrumentalist from Bulgaria.I started playing piano at the age of 6 and that`s where my musical journey started.When I entered highschool I formed my first band where I played keyboards, I played a lot of shows with that band all over the country but became extremely uninterested in it because they weren`t playing my style of music, so I formed this project to express all the music I have composed.


2.So far you have released a demo and a single, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recordings?
When I was 15/16 years old my favourite band was Children Of Bodom, because I was absolutely fascinated how they blended black metal/death metal and power metal in one mix, so I would describe my sound the same way because this band was my MAIN influence.


3.According to the Metal Archives page you have been active since 2012 but waited until 2015 to release any music, can you tell us a little bit more about the earlier years?
Yes, this is because the idea for the project was kinda born when I was still in my previous band, but I was just experimenting in my home studio without releasing anything.


4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?
The lyrics deal with depression and hatred, but I never wrote lyrics for the sake of atmosphere and cool words, some of the lyrics in both songs deal directly with the feeling of denial I experienced towards my ex-bandmates who didn`t let my creative flow enter the writing realm of the band.


5.On the recordings you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work alone?
Actually Bob Katsionis from Firewind helped me a lot with this project, because when I composed the songs I did it all on keyboards and at the time had no skill on Guitar/Bass or drums so I asked him to help me with these things as well as the production.I prefer the band setting a lot more but if a person has a clear vision of all the instruments and how should they go I encourage them to do it on their own.


6.Have you also played in any other bands before in this past?
Yes, as I said in the previous questions, It was mainly a cover band though.


7.How did you get in contact with 'Club Inferno Ent'?
I simply sent them the songs and asked them if they would be interested in releasing them, luckily they were!


8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of melodic death metal?
Well, generally people enjoy it a lot and I`m really happy about that.


9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
Right now I`m the drummer of another band and we`re pushing really hard right now, I hope i would be able to tour the world and fulfill all my musical dreams


10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
The bands that influenced my solo project are COB,Wintersun,Ensiferum,Norther,Sonata Arctica,Stratovarius,Naildown and Nightrage. Right now the picture is really different than before, I listen to a lot of Norwegian black metal,classic oldschool death metal and  also modern bands like Gojira and Trivium.One of my biggest musical discoveries is Devin Townsend, when I found out about him I listened to all his records and became obsessed, I even had the pleasure to watch him perform live recently.


11.What are some of your non musical interests?
I like going out on hikes in the nature also sometimes I play video games for relaxation. Actually I don`t do much things outside of the music realm.


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Yes, listen to metal and make your life free of the MAN!
Hope you can listen to "Soul Finder". Here you can find many of the ways to do it - http://smarturl.it/MILADINOV



No comments:

Post a Comment