Sunday, February 12, 2017

Depeseblo Interview

Answers by Dennis / DEPESEBLO


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Yes of course.. Depeseblo is a project I started just for fun, to create something on my own, in my way, and play guitar in that way I like.

2.Recently you have released an album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

I wanted an old school heavy sound, and I think that is what I achieved, and I also like melodic guitars, my way of creating the sound to this recording was to combine these two.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects that you explore with your music?

Evil mankind, religion, war, apocalypse. It is about the evil of mankind and the desolation we bring.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Depeseblo'?

It is actually really simple, I tried to find a name that did not exist, but after a great deal of searching I got the idea that I take the first part of my first, second and last name, and that is Depeseblo

5.With this project you record everything by yourself, how would you compare it to working with a full band?

It is always more fun to play and work with a full band, but this gave me the possibility to work when I had time, and to do everything on my own.

6.The album was released on 'Selfmadegod Records', are you happy with the support that they have given you so far?

Yes, I am very happy with the support from Selfmadegod, they do a great job, and they allways respond quickly.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of melodic death metal?

I dont know yet.? Hehe.. Great I hope.

8.What is going on with the other musical projects these days that you are a part of?

I am a part of some upcoming project that I can not tell you so much about right now, but you will see me in a new project with Rogga Johansson and Jocke Ringdahl.

9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

Of course I hope I have the opportunity to release recordings, and I hope that people like it. But anyhow I will continue to make music because it is fun. I also like to play live with some projects.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Influences: Amon Amarth, Dissection, Revolting. I listen to so much music nowadays but I prefer to listen to W.A.S.P and melodic death metal..

11.What are some of your non musical interests?

I enjoy the woods, especially during winter, when I have lit a fire and cook some food.

I follow the political situation in the world.

Old cars.

I like to learn about survival/prepping and I like to build/improve things.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


I want to thank all who made these release possible, and I hope you like the record.


Cheers






No comments:

Post a Comment