Thursday, May 17, 2012

Enthrallment Interview

1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?

Hello, my name is Ivo Ivanov and I am the founder and the drummer of Enthrallment. Frankly, these days we have been very busy .After our new album was released by United Guttural, we started working on some new songs .Actually, we have some new lyrics and music that we have to develop into new songs. We are working on this process now and I hope that we will be ready recording them until the end of the year.



2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from the older recordings?

The music sound of our new album?.. I don’t know… It’s complicated. Usually when I make up new music, every riff that I create is inspired by different feelings and images and therefore it sounds in a different way.
As far as the technical aspect is concerned, we want the sound to be more aggressive and dense. I think we succeeded in making that kind of sound.
We produced our album alone and that is why its sound differs from our previous albums. In our new album the songs seem to flow one after the other.
The riffs don’t sound separated from each other. The song starts and ends fluently. You should listen to the album.



3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new release?

It is a very good question. Vasil - our guitar player and Plamen - vocals are those who mainly write the lyrics. We changed our concept for the lyrics completely. The word I would use to describe our lyrics is “depression”. This depression is combined with feelings of aggression and rage. Our new lyrics are focused on interesting topics. I think that everyone can find a piece of themselves in these lyrics. In our new edition you can find our lyrics in printed version.
“People from the lands of Vit ‘is a little strange title for an album, isn’t it? In fact Vit is the name of the river that passes nearby the town we were born in. People who are prisoners of their own fears live on these lands. They are depressed and desperate and they can be very dangerous when they feel threatened. This is reality on these lands. One should live here in order to feel this atmosphere.



4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?

The name of the band is inspired by a song from Suffocation –“Torn into Enthrallment”                                                                            
The name of the band exactly describes out lives.




5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?

Every time that I play on a concert I think that it is our best concert. Actually the best audiences make the best concerts.
I have very good memories about concerts both in Bulgaria and outside Bulgaria. The Bulgarian fans are extremely wild.
I will never forget our first show outside Bulgaria in Bucuresti, Romania in 2004 in the center of Bucuresti we had 500 fans on the concert .Then even our first album Smashed Brain Collection” hadn’t been released yet.
Our stage performance is very important for us. I think the best way to perform on stage is to be natural. People like when we are natural .You can check out our new video in youtube “Fruits of Pain and Blue Sky” to see how we perform.


6. Do you have any touring plans for the new release?

Of course.We contacted an agency that is now working to organize a number of shows for us in Europe. We have plans to play on other continents too. We are working hard to organize as many shows as possible.


7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your newer album by death metal fans?

I can’t say exactly. What I see is that people like the album. I hope more and more people will continue to discover us and enjoy our music.


8. Are there any other projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?

Yes… I personally play in other bands too. I play with one black metal band and a couple of grindcore bands. Our guitar player Vasil also plays in a few other projects as a guest musician. Our two new guys Andrei-guitar and Rumen-bass also play in other bands. They started playing in Enthrallment recently and they are doing just fine. But no matter in what other projects I play Enthrallment is my priority band.


9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?

It will definitely be death metal style. Now we are trying to find our individual and unique style, the Enthrallment style. We want to show our own style to the fans. I am sure that many bands have gone through this kind of process. Of course, we have big ambitions. As far as our future sound and style will look like depends on ourselves and our mood.






10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

The 90s old school death metal has had a great influence on our music. These days I don’t listen to music as I used to listen as a teenager. Maybe this is because I spend a lot of time in my studio to record metal bands.
Recently, I heard songs from the new albums of Cattle Decapitation and Dying Fetus and I liked them a lot. I think that their new albums will be great.
As far as I know our guitar player Vasil has been listening a lot to Chris Rea recently.


11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?

All my interests are connected with music. Almost day and night I spend time working with music in my studio. At the moment I am preparing a compilation with Bulgarian death, black and grind bands .Until the end of the year I will release the compilation and you will hear these bands that you probably have never heard before.


12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?

Thank you for the interview. You can learn more info about our band in myspace.com/enthrallment and on our new facebook page facebook.com/Enthrallment.      Stay brutal!

No comments:

Post a Comment